America is a Premier destination for international students owing to its strong economy, vibrant campus life and the variety, flexibility and quality academic options it offers. From fabulous cities to beautiful natural parks, you are sure to have a spell bound life in the US.
Capital: Washington, D.C.
Population : 32.57 million
GDP : $18.57 trillion
Number of universities : 4140
Foreign Student Enrolment 2012/2013 : 425,260
Currency : Dollar
Official Languages : English
Why Study in USA ?
1. Ranked no 1 for overall quality of education.
2. Numerous Study Choices.
3. Internationally recognised.
4. Flexible Education system.
5. Merit based university assistance provided.
6. Scholarships and fellowships awarded by departmen.
Education System in USA
The higher education imparting bodies in the USA are
1. USA education system comprises of 12 complete years of primary and secondary education prior to university or graduate college.
2. On completion of high school students move on to attend undergraduate school followed by graduate school, post-graduation and PhD study.
The test required are;
1. IELTS or TOEFL scores or any equivalent as a proof of English Proficiency.
2. Diploma programs: Overall band score of 6.0.
3. Bachelor's Degree: Overall band score of 7.0.
4. Masters Programs: Overall band score of 7.0 – 7.5
Cost Of Education
Average tuition fees per year range from $15,000 to $25,000 (Private Institutions) and $10,000 to $20,000 (State Institutions)*.
Cost of Living
1. Estimated living expenses per year – $10,000-$16,000*.
Work Rights & Stay Back
1. 12 months optional practical training 17 months' extension for STEM Majors.
2. Authorization to work 20 hours per week (Only on Campus).